After a break for Xmas week, the New Year should keep you motivated 😊, training will step up now with 4 weeks to race day.
Each day Continue your stretching program with a light 10-minute yoga session in the morning, for example:
4 days this week and a timed Parkrun
- Continuous run day (no resting during this session)
- Start with 1km easy warm up
- Then 6km over a hilly route
- Finishing with 8*60m strides
Day 2: 15 minutes core exercises:
Day 3: Effort day – ideally in a traffic free park
- Easy run of 2km to warm up
- Speed session of 6*3 min at 5km race pace
- 2min jog rest between efforts
- Easy 1km to warm down to finish.
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 10 minutes core exercises:
Day 6: Parkrun time trial 5k
- 1km warm up
- Aim for pb pace at the parkrun
- 1km cool down
Day 7: Long Run day – most important day of the week!
- 11km of easy running (continuous!)
- Try and pick a flat route easier week