FIND THE BEST SHOES FOR YOU!
We're delighted to offer an online gait analysis to match our in-store service. Whilst we always love to see you in store, we understand for many different reasons it might not be possible to visit the Bears Den, however we want to help everyone find perfect trainers too!
Whether you're 20 or 100 miles away, you can still receive our expert service and support.
It couldn't be easier!
A few simple steps are required to complete your virtual gait analysis; this includes taking a handful of pictures and videos and sending us some information about you and running. The Bears will then arrange a suitable time to contact you and discuss your results!
What You Will Need
- Your current running or other fitness shoes - if none, then bare feet (If you know you currently wear stability trainers, please stick with bare feet).
- WhatsApp/Zoom/FaceTime installed on your phone/laptop.
- Another household member or somewhere to stand your phone up
- Make sure you're wearing something where your ankles are visible - i.e. shorts or running leggings.
- Make sure you're in a light location for the videos.
Step 1: Let's Take Some Videos
Please make sure we can clearly see your ankles!
Wearing no shoes, please stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
Make sure you're looking up and slowly bend your knees, making sure that your heels don't rise off the ground. Do this three times. Then turn round and do the same again. Try and keep your upper body upright.
Watch the short demonstration video below to see how to do it and which part of the body needs to be visible.
Wearing no shoes, please stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Then stand on one leg.
Make sure you're looking up and slowly bend your knee, making sure that your heels don't rise off the ground. Do this three times on each leg. Then turn round and do the same again. Try and keep your upper body upright.
Watch the demonstration video to see how to do the exercise and which parts of the body need to be visible.
For this, you need to be wearing your current running trainers, or bare feet take a gentle run there and back three times. Start behind the camera and make sure you're at a pace when passing it.
See the demonstration video to see what angle the video should be taken from and how it should be done.
If you're looking for trainers for walking, repeat the same step but at your walking pace.
Step 2: Photograph Your Shoes & Feet
Take three different photos of your old pair of running trainers, and if you don't have any, then send us a photo of the shoes you wear most regularly. We need pictures from both sides and photos of the soles.
We also need photos of your feet, shown in the angles below:
Step 3: Tell Us About You
We need some information to make sure we're choosing the best trainers for you - if you can give us the information below, it's a huge help!
1. Your everyday shoe size (and your current trainer size if it's different)
2. What kind of exercise do you want to do in them, such as running, gym, team sports, walking, or just day-to-day wear.
3. If you're using them for running, let us know what distance you're aiming to do and what terrain you're going to be running on.
4. Tell us if you've had or currently have any injuries, aches or pains.
5. Is there anything about your feet that could be significant when selecting trainers? - such as bunions, wide feet or if you wear orthotics/insoles.
Step 4: Send Your Footage to the Bears
The next step is to send all of the above to 07447067611 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your full name and a time that would be desirable for our team to contact you.
If you would prefer a Zoom consultation, please email/whatsapp us, and we will arrange a Zoom appointment for you!
We'll then get back to you with any questions about your gait and the trainers we recommend for you from our Running Bear Online Store.