Helping your skin and muscles to recover following the knocks and injuries that come from training and competition will get you back to your best as quickly as possible. However, swelling and bruising can be sore and uncomfortable and take time to mend, so the Universal Sports Skin Salve application can help promote your body’s response to injury and minimise the time spent with an injury. Suitable for all contact sports, Universal Sports Skin Salve should be applied daily after an injury to help recovery. The skin easily absorbs universal Sports Skin Salve, and we use the minimum number of ingredients necessary. There are no chemicals, water, parabens or petroleum products in any of our skin balm products.
- Arnica has been used for hundreds of years for its benefits which have traditionally been believed to be effective in helping to ease skin problems following damage and impacts which result in pain, swelling, and bruising. A member of the Asteraceae (daisy) flower family, when applied it stimulates circulation, promoting the body’s own healing system to respond. Arnica is also helpful for DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
- Sea Buckthorn Oil has been used for its therapeutic qualities – for instance, it is naturally full of antioxidants, and it contains potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus, as well as folate, biotin and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C (it can have up to 18 times the vitamin C of an orange!) and vitamin E. In addition, we have included it for its potential in helping to stimulate skin regeneration and helping wounds heal more quickly – it is also one of the few plants that contain all of the omegas – 3, 6, 9 and the rare omega-7.
- Juniper – studies show that juniper berries have powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric oil is considered to have strong antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that may be beneficial for aiding recovery for bruises and skin problems. As an ingredient in curries, Turmeric has been used widely in India as a medicinal agent. The curcumin found in Turmeric helping to decrease inflammation and oxidation and helping skin heal when applied directly.
- Cajeput oil is from the same family as Tea Tree Oil and is said to help with sore muscles and joints and have a cleansing effect on the skin. In addition, it has been used for its ability to reduce scarring and infections on the skin.
- Black Pepper oil warms the skin when applied topically. Thus, it promotes improved circulation to aid the recovery of the affected area.