Let’s talk.. Nipples!
Okay we know it can still be seen as a taboo/embarrassing topic for some. How do we know? Because it’s one of our most searched items online and yet we rarely get asked for it in store!
So let’s talk all about runners nipple and what you can do to prevent it!
You may have heard it called all the names under the sun including stingers, nipple chafe and much more but how is it happening and why?
- Nipple chafing is irritation of the nipples due to repetitive friction between skin and clothing (or skin and skin!) – sometimes they can become so irritated that they can bleed!
- You might also experience itchiness, cracking, inflammation or discolouration!
How can you prevent it?
- Wear soft tops/bras! Avoid cotton or coarse material, compression can work as it doesn’t move around
- Apply a lubricant such as Vaseline or our favourite slipstream!
- Nip Guards are a hero product
- If your skin is already chafed, gently cleanse with lukewarm water and dry thoroughly, avoid harsh chemicals on the area, cover with a breathable gauze if you can’t let it breathe
- Most importantly.. there’s no need to run in pain!