With the cost of living going up all the time and fuel prices higher than ever, now might be the perfect time to ditch the car and run-commute to work!
Studies show that exercise can help boost your mental health, reduce stress and improve your mood. Exercise is also proven to improve productivity in the workplace, meaning a win-win!
Commuting to work could also be a time saver, can you beat the time spent sat in traffic or on the bus by running? 🤔
Whether you’re travelling solo, with your partner, or work colleagues, get your day off to a winning start or unwind at the end of a stressful day. Why not arrange to car share with a friend so you can alternate who runs or bikes into work? With the latest trainers, kit, and accessories, checkout our commute focused range can help give you more freedom to exercise!
Checkout our top tips below to help you get the most out of your run to work;
- Investing in a suitable pair of running trainers is a given, right? 🤪 But aside from choosing your perfect pair of running trainers, you’ll need to invest in a decent running backpack. You want to pick a bag that is comfortable and doesn’t cause chafing. A specialist running bag with chest and waist straps will help hold a bag securely in place and avoid any discomfort or unnecessary bouncing up and down.
- It’s always worth keeping kit in the office and planning ahead before you run-commute in. Leaving work clothing in work and an extra pair of shoes under your desk is always a huge help. If you have a colleague that’s able to help you out it’s even better! It will also help you to be more organised and avoid carrying excess weight with you.
- If you’re not lucky enough to have showers at work try finishing your run at a local gym or improvise with wipes and dry shampoo. The alternative is running home from work and taking public transport (or car sharing) on your way in.
- When commuting to work, it is really important to work out a fuelling strategy to make sure you optimise your energy supply and hydration status both during and ahead of your run. Your fuelling strategy needs to focus on replenishing carbohydrate stores and staying on top of hydration to help you perform at your very best. Our pick would be an OTE Anytime bar in your backpack the perfect snack for… anytime of course! 😉
- Plan your route in advance, this will avoid getting lost or miss judging the distance. Our pick is On The Go Map a really simple and useful tool for any runner or cyclist. Make sure you know the distance before hand as the last thing you want to do is roll up to work late!
Whilst we appreciate run-commuting isn’t possible for everyone, if you’re able to, we highly recommend it!