Thank you to everyone who has purchased a pair of Running Bear socks over the last few weeks. We were able to donate 300 pairs of brand new socks to the Booth Centre! They are a lovely organisation that provides a warm welcome, an opportunity to belong, to gain a purpose and rebuild lives. They support people to improve health and wellbeing, access emergency accommodation, and secure and maintain a permanent home. The Centre is run in partnership with the people who attend and they apply their skills and experience to influence strategic change.
Amy, the Head of Fundraising and Development for the Booth Centre, sends a huge thank you to the Running Bear community:
“This donation is so valuable; honestly, we can’t tell you enough how important it is to be able to offer people the dignity and comfort of a new, clean pair of socks when they visit us. At this time of year, it can be soul-destroying for people to walk around in wet, cold socks all day and night, so the smallest of gifts can make a real difference. Thank you!”
If you would like to get involved and support the Booth Centre, they would be particularly grateful for anyone who wants to sign up to join the Sleepout:
- Booth Centre Sleepout – 12th November 2021
- Donation link for the Sleepout if people would prefer to donate rather than sleep out
- Link if people want to donate essential items and have them delivered directly to the Centre
- Sign up for their eNewsletter
- Or continue to support our Running Bear Socks Campaign.
- The socks are just £6 and are available online and in-store!